Re: TrueType Explorer (was RE: Everson Mono)

From: Bob_Hallissy@sil.org
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 12:16:22 EST

    On 17/02/2003 20:01:51 Rick Cameron wrote:

    >TrueType Explorer can do this and more.

    I gave TTE a try and it definitely has some interesting and useful
    features. To get some answers to a few questions, I have corresponded with
    the author and he has given me permission to post the following:

       ----- Forwarded by Bob Hallissy/IntlAdmin/WCT on 18/02/2003 17:12 -----

       Bob,

       Thank you for your kind words.

       TrueType Explorer supports the 16 bit code points of Unicode 3.1.

       Unfortunately, I have no plan to extend support to the supplemental
       planes (ie. 32 bit code points). If more users demand such support, I
       may
       reconsider, however.

       I will keep you informed, should events change.

       Thank you,

       Kevin

    and also requested:

       ----- Forwarded by Bob Hallissy/IntlAdmin/WCT on 18/02/2003 17:13 -----

       Bob,

       Could you also post the following to the Unicode group:

       The official website for TrueType Explorer is
       http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris.lamoureux2/

       However, if you are unable to download from this location, perhaps
       due to bandwidth restrictions, you may download the same program
       from the following alternate location:

       www.erindalebadminton.ca/installTte.exe

       A few notes to help you use TrueType Explorer:

       * TrueType Explorer represents, in both form and operation, a
         collection of TrueType fonts as a "relation".
       * A relation is similar to a database "table", where each TrueType
         font appears as a row, and each TrueType attribute appears as a
         column.
       * You can select the TrueType attributes to "project" on to the
         table from the 'Attributes' menu item from the menu bar.

       Thank you,
       Kevin Macdonald
       Author of TrueType Explorer
       support: cn338@torfree.net