Impossible combinations?

From: Kevin Brown (graphity@adelaide.on.net)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 07:11:06 EST

    I'm working on a Latin-based font that's got a large number of kerning
    pairs already defined and I'm trying to pare this list of pairs down to
    the bare minimum. There seem to be many pairs which are unlikely ever to
    be used. These pairs all involve a lowercase on the left with an
    uppercase on the right.

    My intuition is to delete all such pairs but since I am not a linguist I
    thought I'd better check first. Does anyone know of a Latin-based
    language in which it is possible to have a lowercase immediately followed
    by an uppercase in the SAME word?

    Thanks, Kevin