RE: Need encoding conversion routines

From: askq1 askq1 (askq1@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 01:48:55 EST

    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. I had a look at conversion functions at Unicode site.
    These functions are useful for converting from one unicode encoding to
    another. (UTF8 to UTF16 etc.) But how can I convert from a unicode
    code-point to some encoding and decode from some encoding to unicode
    code-point? In brief, I want encoding and decoding functions for Unicode.
    Can you provide pointers to such functions?

    Thanking you in advance,
    ~ K.

    >From: Marco Cimarosti <marco.cimarosti@essetre.it>
    >To: 'askq1 askq1' <askq1@hotmail.com>, unicode@unicode.org
    >Subject: RE: Need encoding conversion routines
    >Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:38:42 +0100
    >
    >askq1 askq1 wrote:
    > > I want c/c++ functions/routines that will convert Unicode to
    > > UTF8/UTF16/UCS2 encodings and vice-versa. Can some-one point
    > > me where can I get these code routines?
    >
    >Unicode's reference implementation is here, but I don't know how much
    >up-to-date it is with some tiny changes in UTF-8:
    >
    > http://www.unicode.org/Public/PROGRAMS/CVTUTF/
    >
    >You can also see the UTF functions provided by ICU, an open source Unicode
    >library:
    >
    > http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/
    >
    >_ Marco

    Cricket World Cup 2003- News, Views and Match Reports.
    http://server1.msn.co.in/msnspecials/worldcup03/