RE: Normalisation and Greek characters

From: David J. Perry (hospes.primus@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 15:37:33 EST

    Thanks to John for pointing me in the right direction; the normalization
    charts were not helpful, but after spending some time with UAX#15 and
    looking at the actual Unicode database, I see what is going on here.

    It seems strange to me that the Unicode book (where I initially looked)
    simply gives the decomposition for U+1F71 as U+03B1 followed by U+0301
    with no indication that anything else is involved (and likewise for
    other characters with singleton decompositions, such as the angrstrom).
    If U+1F71 decomposes to U+03AC, why is the other decomposition still
    given?

    David