Re: U+00D0, U+01b7 -- variants or distinct chars?

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 22:41:22 EST

    .
    Kenneth Whistler wrote,

    > In my opinion, yes. By the way, I also consider it an *ugly*
    > glyph variant, unlikely to gain much traction, typographically.

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

    The glyph shown in LtnCapEthLrgSqLC.gif is quite attractive and
    shows considerable originality in design. The designer should
    be commended for the boldness and vision used in its creation.
    It's a welcome change from the rather boring glyph normally used
    to display that character and makes visual distinction between
    U+0189 and U+00D0 quite clear.

    Best regards,

    James Kass
    .