Re: ANSI requires licence fees to use ISO language and country code?

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 15:54:13 EST

    ANSI has membership fees, accreditation fees, and a scheme for
    site licensing for access to standards documents. But I've never
    heard of a license fee for *use* of ISO 639 or ISO 3166 codes.
    Once you acquire the standard, you should be able to freely
    use it. That is how ISO standards work.

    Where are you hearing this from?

    --Ken