Re: ANSI requires licence fees to use ISO language and country code?

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 18:10:12 EST

    I'm guessing this may be related to the fact that ISO is now
    delivering ISO 3166-1/2 codes "in the form of two
    Microsoft Access 2000 databases." (Although you can also order
    the standards without the database files.)

    http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/05database/index.html

    Trying to use the "databases" commercially *might* put you
    in the situation of owing a license fee to somebody, depending
    on what is attached to the "database" which is delivered by ISO.

    And in any case, what would this have to do with ANSI?

    --Ken