Capital hooked-Y glyph variants

From: Don Osborn (dzo@bisharat.net)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 13:36:02 EST

    This is a question more out of curiosity than anything else: The Latin capital letter Y with hook U+01B3 is shown in the Unicode charts with its hook on the left. The pre-Unicode/non-Unicode usage I'm aware of in West Africa has the hook on the right. Where is the left-hook variant used?

    I hope Peter won't mind my passing on the URL of a page he set up on a related hooktop-y question (there are a couple of responses on it re the capital letter form in Africa):
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=HooktopYVariants

    Don Osborn
    Bisharat.net