Re: CJK question

From: Allen Haaheim (haaheima@interchange.ubc.ca)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 21:22:53 EST

    Thanks for the enightening me regarding the CHANT website fonts. Now if ICS1
    (and ICS2 and ICS6) would work, I could count this as a major victory.

    My "correct" characters were simply what I know to be the right ones by
    looking at hard copies and the only place I've seen them on my computer
    screen, in the Unicode CJK Extensions. I realize now the blanks actually
    refer to what is the same character by sight, but in the ICS1 font.

    Re Eric's comments on the fonts: for anyone interested in sinology in
    general, it is really a superior site all-around, the texts are collated
    against other major recensions and character variants duly noted, and I hope
    it will continue to enlarge as they add texts to it.

    Allen Haaheim