Script Encoding Initiative: Updated pages

From: Deborah W. Anderson (dwanders@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 13:16:51 EDT

    The webpages for the Script Encoding Initiative have just been updated and can be viewed at:
                    http://linguistics.berkeley.edu/~dwanders/

    This project aims to fund proposals for those scripts not currently in Unicode. It is set up at the UC Berkeley Department of Linguistics.

    On-line donations are now possible, thanks to UC Berkeley. Directions for making an online donation are found at:
                    http://linguistics.berkeley.edu/~dwanders/donations.html#Online.

    Donations are tax-deductible in the U.S. (Note: SEI will receive 98% of all funds raised, 2% will be withheld by the UC Berkeley Development Office, as is usual for such projects.)

    Even small donations are a big help to us in our attempts to secure grants for minority and historical script encoding.

    Grass-roots support for minority script encoding is very important; and if people are able to take the time to write letters of support for minority script encoding, those are also helpful to us in our quest for grants. Please contact me if you would like to write such a letter.

    If you have any questions or comments, please write to me directly.

    With best regards,

    Deborah Anderson
    Researcher, Dept. of Linguistics
    UC Berkeley