Discussion/Notices re: fonts

From: Brian Doyle (brian@gael-image.com)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 17:50:21 EDT

    Despite claims to the contrary, the "mail list rules and etiquette" found at
    <http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html> do not explicity prohibit
    discussions or notices regarding fonts and/or font design. In fact, they
    state:

    > ... for the most-part, other than profanity, "anything goes."

    They do, however, caution against "rabid, ad hominem attacks," which I think
    aptly describes Mr. Hudson's post (below). Furthermore, spam is defined as
    "unsolicited commercial and bulk e-mail." Aesthetic objections to a
    subscriber's announced work do not justify launching into an invective (and
    unprofessional) tirade.

    For the benefit of list newbies like myself, perhaps some "knowledgeable"
    person would care to share the unspoken list rules so that flame wars can be
    averted.

    Brian Doyle