Re: Quest text font now available.

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 19:21:19 EDT

    At 03:19 PM 5/7/2003, Michael Everson wrote:

    >That may be true, but I found FontLab to be rather useless. :-(

    I still don't understand this, because I and others have been happily
    making high quality, Unicode fonts with FontLab for years. I've repeatedly
    explained on the FL and OT lists how to achieve what you seem to want to
    do, but perhaps my explanation were not clear enough, and we need to sit
    down in person and go over it.

    >And Apple's command-line tools, well, I haven't been able to do anything
    >with them either. :-(

    I've done things with them, but it is a painful process.

    John Hudson

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    As for the technique of trimming the nib,
    Do not be greedy!
    I will not reveal its nuances; I withhold its secrets.
                       - Ibn al-Bawwab, Ra'iyyah