Re: ANNOUNCE: Essentialist Explanations, 9.0th edition

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 17:12:27 EDT

    Pim Blokland wrote:

    > And this subject is on-topic in exactly what way?

    Perhaps it amuses the subscribers.

    I wish people would sort of get off the "what's on topic" arguments. So
    what? The list serves the subscribers, doesn't it?

    There are 3 kinds of posts on this list:

    1. obviously on-topic posts related to Unicode, I18n, etc, etc.
    2. other posts that amuse the subscribers
    3. meta-posts about topicality of peoples' posts...

    If we could get rid of the 3rd kind, we'd have fewer posts to deal with.

            Rick
             (reflecting personal opinions only of course)