Re: [Unicode] Suggestion to list owner

From: Sarasvati (root@unicode.org)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 12:32:23 EDT

    Darling Subscribers,

    On 2003-05-09 00:29:11 -0700 "Edward C. D. Hopkins" <chopkins@ameritech.net> wrote:

    > As I wade through my messages each day, it is easy to distinguish spam from
    > the messages sent by the 15 or so mail lists to which I subscribe. This is
    > because mail list names within square brackets precede the subject, as in
    > this message. May we have this feature for the Unicode list?

    The answer to this question, which comes up on occasion, is still "no".

    Last time we changed mail list servers some years ago, we attempted
    such a change. The list members went back and forth on this issue
    of using [subject] markers in the headers.

    Please turn your Hymnals to this archive:

            http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2001-m03/index.html

    and follow the thread "Moving mail lists". (If you have trouble with
    any password, please read: http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/ )

    Regards from your cheery,
            -- Sarasvati