Re: how to sort by stroke (not radical/stroke)

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 11:38:41 EDT

    ICU has a collation tailoring with traditional Chinese stroke order. It does reorder all "relevant"
    characters, resulting in a rather large tailoring table. I believe that we tailor something like the
    Big-5 character repertoire, certainly not all 70000 Han characters.

    Take a look at

    Collation charts (locale ID zh_TW_STROKE) - http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/charts/collation/index.html

    Source file with the collation sequence -
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/source/data/locales/zh_TW_STROKE.txt

    User Guide - http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/userguide/Collate_Intro.html

    For questions about using ICU, please use the icu4c-support list -
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/archives/

    Best regards,
    markus