Re: John's Own Version of Unicode Conformance, Version 4.0

From: Allen Haaheim (haaheima@interchange.ubc.ca)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 06:13:34 EDT

    Is it OK to be lazy, ignorant, and destitute? I don't have the time to read
    the unicode website where I might learn something, because I'm too poor to
    buy the internet time to read it, and I'm too lazy to walk down the street
    to the library to use theirs. Besides this is Vancouver and it's raining.
    And it's nighttime.

    I am sending the below text if anyone might be interested in enlightening
    me. Is it because I don't have GB18030 encoding? Or are these characters
    permanently garbled? If this is inappropriate for this list, by all means
    let me know and I'll be sure to stop.

    Allen Haaheim

    When crocodiles growled by the mouth of the river ùe §u ®ú ¤f ­¸ ±ö «B
    And plum-rains fell,
    When wine-shops’ streamers atop the poles were ñ ÀY °s ºX ´« «C ­R
    Changed to green ramie,
    While surging waves were running ¿½ ÄÌ ®ö ¥Õ ¤ª ®t ¦À
    And clouds were ruffled,
    I sent a powder-yellow oilcloth coat À ¯» ªo ­m ±H ­¦ ¥D
    To my lord and husband.