Re: Decimal separator with more than one character?

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 04:46:39 EDT

    On Sat, 17 May 2003, John Cowan wrote:

    > > > I know that at least in some Linux locales the Farsi locale
    > >
    > > Well, the politically-correct way is to call the language "Persian".
    >
    > And after we went to all that work to learn to call it Farsi.

    Well, the question is: who told you to call it Farsi?!

    ISO calls it Persian, Iranian Academy for Persian Language calls it
    Persian, Unicode book calls it Persian, ...

    > I think it was back in the late 60s or early 70s that mail addressed
    > to "Persia" started to come bouncing back....

    The country should be called "Iran", of course, specially in addresses.
    The goverment prefers the long form, "Islamic Republic of Iran" in very
    official documents.

    roozbeh