Re: Decimal separator with more than one character?

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 17:04:42 EDT

    My thanks to all who sent me useful information privately in reply to my
    brief question which I knew to be off-topic, but figured would win me some
    pretty comprehensive answers if posted here.

    For the record, 'Yankees' is a term I use only with great care, and never
    would I use it to refer to Americans in general, because I am, I hope,
    sufficiently clued in to know some (not all) Americans might find that term
    offensive.

    BTW, none of your replies mentioned the term I was really after, which is
    the shorter word 'Yank', used here in Ireland as a term of endearment/abuse
    for an Irish person come home at last after spending 'too long over there'
    (same concept as the 'going native' of English people in India and
    elsewhere).

    Best,
    mg

    --