Re: Is it true that Unicode is insufficient for Oriental languages?

From: Raymond Mercier (RaymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 03:29:16 EDT

    At 17:36 22/05/2003 -0700, you wrote:
    >E.g.: 日̈本̧
    >
    >But not every platform can display such things.

    Very true ! So it would help me if you spell out in U+ terms what
    characters are intended here. Eudora is not help, nor does Eudora's 'send
    to browser', with the encoding UTF8. In such a case I have to save as txt,
    and open in Word with UTF8. Then I seem to have U+66e5, U+308, U+672c,
    U+327. Is that right ?

    Raymond Mercier