Re: Unicode-compliant email manager on XP system

From: Stefan Persson (alsjebegrijptwatikbedoel@yahoo.se)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 12:56:55 EDT

    Curtis Clark wrote:

    > Karljürgen Feuerherm wrote:
    >
    > > I'm looking for some other product which might suit the purpose,
    either free
    > > or at least not expensive. Most people I know use Outlook Express,
    but in my
    > > situation I wonder about the wisdom of trying this.... The solution
    should
    > > be Unicode-compliant and of course I would like to be able to
    import the
    > > myriad messages created in Outlook....
    >
    > I'm using Mozilla Mail to write this. I don't know whether it imports
    Outlook messages, but it fits in every other regard.

    A quote from Mozilla Help:

      Importing Mail from Other Programs

    This section describes how to import mail messages and settings from
    Mozilla Communicator, Outlook, Outlook Express, and Eudora. To import
    address books from these programs, see Importing Address Books
    <chrome://help/locale/mail_help.html#import_address_book>.

    [...]

        Importing Mail Messages

    To import mail messages from Mozilla Communicator, Outlook, Outlook
    Express, or Eudora, begin from the Mail window:

       1. Open the Tools menu, and choose Import. You see the Import Wizard.
       2. Follow the instructions to import mail messages.

    For Mozilla Communicator, the wizard imports a copy of all Communicator
    mail folders included under Local Folders. Imported mail is added as a
    new folder under Local Folders in the Mail window. (The Communicator
    mail folders still remain in their original location).
    <<<<<

    Obviously, it does support importing mail from Outlook.

    Stefan