RE: IPA Null Consonant

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 09:12:20 EDT

    Francois Yergeau wrote on 05/27/2003 01:35:08 PM:

    > > Personally, I'd rather those combining overlays dried up and
    > > faded away.
    >
    > The mathematicians would kill you ;-)

    Yes, I know they've used a couple of them productively, and of all the
    characters in Unicode that have decompositions it is only math symbols the
    decompose to sequences that use combining overlays (though there are
    several candidates that might have but don't).

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485