Re: Not snazzy (was: New Unicode Savvy Logo)

From: Theodore H. Smith (delete@elfdata.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 13:38:25 EDT

    >> Hey, if you can give me a tiff of the "Unicode" word (in it's large
    >> original format) which is the part that I actually did like, I could
    >> re-do the rest for you in PhotoShop v6 format, and submit as a
    >> suggestion.
    >
    > In my humble opinion, I do think that the unique design of the "UNI"
    > ligature in the Unicode official logo is already copyrighted, and thus
    > any logo that would be created with it would require an authorization
    > from Unicode before being published.

    That was a long email, but I think you misunderstand me.

    I was offering to make one, for THEM to use, change or learn from. I
    wouldn't use it myself. I don't think I can be breaking a copyright by
    accepting a tiff emailed to me from Unicode.org staff.

    --
         Theodore H. Smith - Macintosh Consultant / Contractor.
         My website: <www.elfdata.com/>