Re: Not snazzy (was: New Unicode Savvy Logo)

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 21:48:40 EDT

    Rick posted a message recently he intended as a personal contribution,
    but it may have been interpreted as an official statement. Here is
    some clarification of what he wrote.

    1. His point about compliance and conformance was intended to indicate
    that using the "savvy" logo would only indicate that the pages used
    the Unicode encoding; it would not imply that the site had met any
    other formal conformance criteria. (He did not intend to imply that
    Unicode does not have conformance clauses; Chapter 3 has many of
    them!)

    2. It would be possible for the consortium to incorporate the Unicode
    logo into the "savvy" logo, and use weaker permissions than are
    required for use of the Unicode logo, but that may not be the best way
    to go because it could cause confusion between the two.

    Clearly there is a good deal of interest in the physical appearance of
    the "savvy" logo, and we will take that feedback into consideration!

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► “Eppur si muove” ◄