Re: "my browser ... puts up a box"

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 12:55:25 EDT

    Ar 12:25 -0400 2003/05/31, scríobh John Cowan:
    >Marion Gunn scripsit:
    >
    >> What, then, is the code for the English of 'Northern Ireland'?
    >> (GB+NI=UK.)
    >
    >GB is, for better and worse, the code for the United Kingdom of Great
    >Britain and Northern Ireland. No one has ever requested a code for
    >Ulster English: should anyone do so, its proper form would have to be
    >devised for the purpose.

    Ulster has 9 counties (3 south of NI's border, 6 north): I must ask if JC
    is personally proposing to reduce Ulster to 2/3, expressing a radically
    new USA policy, or broadcasting for Reuters (some of us lay odds on the 3rd
    option)?
    mg

    --
    Marion Gunn * EGT (Estab.1991) * http://www.egt.ie *