Re: Shorthand

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 08:41:16 EDT

    Am Sonntag, 8. Juni 2003 um 12:17 schrieb Philippe Verdy:

    PV> I don't know which system is widely used in Germany ...

    "Deutsche Einheitskurzschrift"
    A Google search for this term yields a lot of book titles and schools
    teaching it. On a quick search, I did not find a thorough description
    but http://www.hstj.de/theorie.html (in German) gives some facts about
    it. Encoding it would be a major task, comparable to a Devanagari-like
    script which also has kanji-like things ("Kürzel" for a lot of whole
    words and syllabes). Meanings of some "Kürzel" are dependent of their
    placement, like musical notes.
    - Karl