Re: Problem with Arial Unicode MS font for BOLD/ITALICS in PDF

From: Edward H Trager (ehtrager@umich.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 13:22:52 EDT

    To my knowledge, MS Arial Unicode does not contain glyphs for bold and
    italic styles. For Latin and the other blocks of Unicode covered in the
    standard Arial font, there are bold and italic versions:

    arial.ttf - Standard arial
    arialbd.ttf - bold
    arialbi.ttf - bold italic
    ariali.ttf - italic
    arialuni.ttf - Arial unicode, which only has a normal face.