Re: Unicode not in Quark 6

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 11:05:12 EDT

    John Jenkins wrote on 06/22/2003 05:25:40 PM:

    > MySQL is also available for Mac OS X
    > (<http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/osdb.html>). I'm not sure
    > of the status of Unicode support, but it seems to be fine if you're not
    > worrying about collating or similar services. It's what's used at the
    > moment to host the Unihan database, for example.

    It (MySQL for OS X) is also being used for the content management system
    that drives scripts.sil.org, and so far we haven't encountered any
    problems in storing text content using Unicode characters from a variety
    of ranges.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485