Re: Nightmares

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 14:32:55 EDT

    William Overington scripsit:

    > This issue has arisen because of my concern that a particular symbol has
    > been labelled as HANDICAPPED SIGN. I hope that the name will be changed to
    > WHEELCHAIR SYMBOL.

    If you are going to discriminate (invidiously) using a computerized
    database, using H for Handicapped (or G for Gimp) will do just as well.
    Are you going to complain about the various symbols of religion already
    encoded on the same grounds?

    --
    All Norstrilians knew what laughter was:        John Cowan
    it was "pleasurable corrigible malfunction".    http://www.reutershealth.com