Re: [cowan: Re: Biblical Hebrew (Was: Major Defect in Combining Classes of Tibetan Vowels)]

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 11:25:11 EDT

    Michael Everson scripsit:

    > But you might trot on over with a white flag to parley about a problem.
    >
    > They're only human beings over there, just as we are over here.

    Michael, I *am* the guy carrying the white flag to the W3C, and I have
    made promises about what the Unicode Consortium will and won't do based
    on its published stability policies. If those are changed now, I'm left
    twisting in the wind.

    As for the IETF, "membership on the IETF" is defined as being subscribed
    to an IETF mailing list and discussing a problem. Anyone can do it, anyone
    at all.

    --
    John Cowan                                <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
    http://www.reutershealth.com              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan