Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 14:04:37 EDT

    Peter_Constable@sil.org scripsit:

    > Of course, the point is, this is a particular situation where
    >
    > <base accent2 accent1>
    >
    > is canonically equivalent to
    >
    > <base accent1 accent2>

    No, Mark had it right. These two are canonically equivalent and therefore
    no normal Unicode process (including rendering) can treat them differently.
    That's a fact. If we want to change that situation, we can use a different
    encoding for one of the two renderings, or change the canonical-equivalence
    rules.

    --
    There are three kinds of people in the world:   John Cowan
    those who can count,                            http://www.reutershealth.com