Re: Documents needed for proposal

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 16:03:40 EDT

    Andrew C. West scripsit:
    > On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:59:19 -0700, Rick McGowan wrote:
    >
    > > That is section 2.2 of the WG2 Principles and Procedures document. It is
    > > available on-line. Go here:
    > >
    > > http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC2/WG2/docs/principles.html
    > >

    > I'm familiar with this document (n2352r), and it does indeed list the Character
    > Categories. But unless it's very well hidden, it does not provide (or even
    > summarize) the Character Naming Guidelines, which a proposer must be familiar
    > with in order to make an honest proposal.

    A rough summary thereof (entirely unofficial) can be found at
    http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/naming.html .
    To which I should add that although digits are allowed, they
    should be avoided; they are primarily used to differentiate
    between close variants of characters were names would be
    too verbose.

    --
    The Imperials are decadent, 300 pound   John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
    free-range chickens (except they have   http://www.reutershealth.com