Re: Reading Chinese Characters from a browser

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 05:57:35 EDT

    On Tuesday, July 08, 2003 10:58 AM, SRIDHARAN Aravind <ASridharan@covansys.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a web application ( using servlets/ jsp's).
    > In the HTML pages, I enter Chinese characters and when I read them
    > and display them, they come as junk.
    > How can I get rid of this problem?
    > I converted those characters into unicode and to my dismay I found
    > that converted unicode values do not match with the original unicode
    > values.
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Aravind

    Do you use compatibility characters ? In that case it is normal that some code points are substituted by their NFC for transmission and use in HTML, XML and XHTML.
    Check the UCD to see if your original codepoints have been converted to their normalized form (there are quite a lot of those compatibility code points decomposed into their NFC code point, in the ideographic character blocks)

    -- Philippe.