Re: UTF-8 to UTF-16LE

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 08:05:08 EDT

    On Tuesday, July 08, 2003 12:49 PM, santhosh kumar <santhoshkumar_mk@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am new to this group. Now I am working in OBEX profile
    > design in Windows platform. I have some issues with XML parsing.
    > According to XML the default encoding scheme is UTF-8. But I want to
    > convert it in to UTF16-LE. Can anyone tell me how to convert UTF-8 to
    > UTF-16LE .
    >
    > Santhosh.

    Additionally the Java SDK provides the "native2ascii" tool that can also
    to this conversion:

        native2ascii -encoding UTF-8 < source.xml |
        native2ascii -reverse -encoding UTF-16LE > target.xml

    (The intermediate conversion produces the "\uXXXX" hexadecimal
    sequences in Java String notation, using UTF-16 surrogates if needed
    for UTF-8 sequences longer than 3 bytes, and uses a "\\" pair to
    escape ASCII backslashes)