Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 11:29:18 EDT

    On 08/07/2003 08:14, John Cowan wrote:

    >Such a character could only be encoded if it were put into the list
    >of composition exceptions, because it would upset the stability of
    >normalization. ...

    OK, I understand. So what if it is listed as a composition exception?
    In that case the NFC as well as the NFD would be hiriq - patah, but
    there would be at the very least a strong indication that this should be
    rendered according to the glyph in the new character, i.e. with hiriq to
    the left. But maybe there are other ways to specify this rendering.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com