Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 14:21:32 EDT

    On 08/07/2003 11:10, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >Admit that your proposal of using a canonical decomposition would
    >still cause problems with all Unicode algorithms, and with XML
    >processing.
    >
    >Only a NFKD decomposition would make your proposed "ligature"
    >character workable for XML processing and Unicode algorithms,
    >including UCA, case mappings, UTF representations, etc...

    This proposal for a compatibility decomposition is a possible
    alternative, but it's not my proposal, it's yours. I was deliberately
    avoiding anything like this which is not compatible with existing texts.
    If canonical decomposition isn't going to work, which I'm still not 100%
    sure of if composition is blocked, then I will withdraw my proposal.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com