Deprecated vs. strongly discouraged?

From: Ted Hopp (ted@newslate.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 17:38:00 EDT

    From the Unicode Glossary:

    "Deprecated. A coded character whose use is strongly discouraged."

    From http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.0/, section on Unicode
    Character Database:

    "Deprecated Characters. Two Khmer characters, U+17A3 khmer independent vowel
    qaq and U+17D3 khmer sign bathamasat, were deprecated. Four others are
    strongly discouraged."

    Is it just me, or is the language from the web site confusing? (I know--it's
    just me. :-))

    Ted

    Ted Hopp, Ph.D.
    ZigZag, Inc.
    ted@newSLATE.com
    +1-301-990-7453

    newSLATE is your personal learning workspace
       ...on the web at http://www.newSLATE.com/