Re: Ligatures in Portuguese, French (was: ... Turkish and Azeri)

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 16:21:33 EDT

    Michael Everson scripsit:

    > >A good choice if you don't slash your DIGIT SEVENs and can make your
    > >DIGIT ONEs sufficiently distinct.
    >
    > Eh? I *do* slash my DIGITs SEVEN and I use a single vertical stroke
    > from my DIGITs ONE. The TIRONIAN SIGN ET as used in Ireland has no
    > horizontal stroke.

    I should have said "do slash your DIGIT SEVENs". So the glyph in the
    Unicode 3.0 book is not typical of Irish practice? It seems to have a
    horizontal stroke all right.

    --
    Where the wombat has walked,            John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
    it will inevitably walk again.          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan