Re: Last Resort Glyphs (was: About the European MES-2 subset)

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 12:27:14 EDT

    > > What would be the purpose of encoding these? I can't think of any.
    > > They certainly don't need to be encoded as distinct characters to use
    > > in a Last Resort font.
    >
    > Mostly for documentation purpose,

    Why bother to encode them as distinct characters? "For purposes of
    documentation" isn't a good reason to encode these things, which are simply
    a set of fall-back glyphs for user convenience to show what isn't
    installed! If you want documentation for the Last Resort font, just make
    documentation (or ask Apple to make some).

            Rick