Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 21:50:27 EDT

    At 02:44 PM 7/22/2003, Peter Kirk wrote:

    >And then if (and I know it's a big if) the UTC agrees in principle to
    >allow a change to these combining classes, would the custom values that
    >you have listed there be suitable for a first draft proposal for new
    >combining classes?

    I believe so. Eli Evans, Peter Constable and others went over this at
    length a couple of months ago. The only possible change I can think of
    would be to put the masora circle and puncta extraordinaria in a separate
    class that orders after all other marks.

    Regards, John

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    The sight of James Cox from the BBC's World at One,
    interviewing Robin Oakley, CNN's man in Europe,
    surrounded by a scrum of furiously scribbling print
    journalists will stand for some time as the apogee of
    media cannibalism.
                             - Emma Brockes, at the EU summit