Re: U+23D0 VERTICAL LINE EXTENSION

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 07:59:55 EDT

    Alan Wood scripsit:

    > U+23D0 VERTICAL LINE EXTENSION
    >
    > Please can someone tell me which lines this is intended to extend?

    It's meant to be used with the square bracket and curly brace tops and
    bottoms to construct biiiig glyphs. It's essentially a compatibility
    character.

    > Is it intended as a Unicode replacement for Vertical arrow extender in
    > Symbol font?

    It probably works for that too, unless there is something else already.

    --
    "But the next day there came no dawn,           John Cowan
    and the Grey Company passed on into the         jcowan@reutershealth.com