Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 16:32:21 EDT

    I want to remind people that CGJ is *not* a control character. Look at
    the properties; there is a listing in:

    http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/ub/utf-8/?ch=034F#here

    It is an non-spacing mark *already*. There should be no impediment at
    all to using it in a sequence of other nonspacing marks in a font. If
    the font is smart enough to be able to place multiple accents over
    characters, then the incremental work necessary to handle CGJ
    invisibly is quite small.

    And it presents a possible mechanism that can be used throughout
    Unicode, not just for Hebrew.

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► “Eppur si muove” ◄