Re: Code Pages!

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 22:04:18 EDT

    On Tuesday, July 22, 2003 7:54 AM, rajesh@inflibnet.ac.in
    <rajesh@inflibnet.ac.in> wrote:

    > Dear Folks,
    > Can anyone tell me, cope pages (cp values) of the Indian languages?
    > if it is available on the net, where can I find it?
    > with regards,
    > Rajesh

    For those languages based on ISCII (Indian Standard Code for
    Information Interchange), the codes used on NT/2000/XP are (both
    English and French script names given if they differ):

    57002 (ISCII - devanagari - dévanâgari)
    57003 (ISCII - bengali)
    57004 (ISCII - tamil - tamoul)
    57005 (ISCII - telugu - télougou)
    57006 (ISCII - assamese - assamais)
    57007 (ISCII - oriya)
    57008 (ISCII - kannada)
    57009 (ISCII - malayalam)
    57010 (ISCII - gujarati - gujrati)
    57011 (ISCII - pendjabi (gurmukhi) - panjabi (gurmukhi))

    (taken from the list displayed in Windows XP for Advanced Regionial
    Settings where you can install those additional codepages, but these
    ones are installed with the "additional languages support for languages
    with complex or right-to-left scripts").

    --
    Philippe.
    Spams non tolérés: tout message non sollicité sera