Re: Damn'd fools

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 07:04:03 EDT

    On 28/07/2003 03:53, jarkko.hietaniemi@nokia.com wrote:

    >>Thanks for the corrections -- see I told you :-)
    >>

    >When was the next meeting of Pedants Anonymous again? :-)
    >

    >>>England was never ruled by the French! Please!
    >>>

    >I dunno, William Conqueror the Duke of Normandy sounds pretty French to me :-)
    >(Of course it's a good question when do 'France' and 'French' begin.)

    Everyone who sounds French, because they speak French, is not French.
    Ask any French speaking Canadian or Swiss, or any Swedish speaking Finn.

    Perhaps if I suggest that Finland was once part of Russia, your response
    might get Pedants Anonymous to send you an invitation. :-)

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com