Re: From [b-hebrew] Variant forms of vav with holem

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 21:19:48 EDT

    On 30/07/2003 17:04, Mark Davis wrote:

    >We should make sure that you all understand that this email list is an
    >open disucssion list for anyone interested in Unicode.
    >
    >Consensus on this list does *not* imply agreement by the Unicode
    >consortium technical committee (UTC), whose voting members are the
    >full members listed on
    >http://www.unicode.org/consortium/memblogo.html.

    Thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean to imply that decisions were
    made by consensus on this list, rather that consensus on this list and
    agreement by a number of key UTC members (e.g. in this case Ken
    Whistler, who seems to understand the situation well and be in general
    agreement with what Ted and I are saying) is a good basis for moving
    forward to a formal proposal; whereas sharp disagreement on this list
    would suggest that a proposal, at least from outsiders like Ted and
    myself, is unlikely to be successful.

    >The UTC accepts and considers proposals from other parties (see
    >http://www.unicode.org/pending/proposals.html for submitting a
    >proposal for new characters). For complex matters (which this
    >definitely seems to be, based on the volumn of mail!), it is far and
    >away the best if someone can attend the appropriate UTC meeting to
    >explain the details of the proposal, with the pros and cons of
    >different approaches. The chair or vice chair of the UTC should be
    >contacted in that case.
    >
    >Mark

    I regret that I will be unable to attend a UTC meeting in the near
    future, certainly unless anyone pays my fare from London. So I will
    probably have to rely on others to present any proposal which I might be
    a party to. But I can help to provide background material. Indeed I am
    drafting something now and will make it available soon.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com