Re: [Way OT] Beer measurements (was: Re: Handwritten EURO sign)

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 17:29:50 EDT

    Carl W. Brown scripsit:

    > I also have a hard time remembering that a Hundredweight c.w.t is
    > 112 pounds. I am glad that it is not in common usage.

    The Imperial cwt is indeed 112 lb, but the U.S. customary cwt remains 100 lb.

    > But working on a house with feet, inches and fractions drives me
    > absolutely crazy. At least with clocks you are not doing tremendous
    > amounts of math to do anything. The only time when clocks are a problem
    > is when you are dealing with multiple time zones.

    A kilosec is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a late appointment
    (in some countries, anyhow).

    A megasec is enough time to do a small project.

    If a marriage lasts a gigasec, it is doing very well.

    --
    There is / One art                      John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
    No more / No less                       http://www.reutershealth.com