Re: Mojibake on my Web pages

From: Stefan Persson (alsjebegrijptwatikbedoel@yahoo.se)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 08:21:13 EDT

    jameskass@att.net wrote:

    > Doug Ewell wrote,
    >
    > > ... I'm considering putting a disclaimer at the top of my pages,
    > > but I'm waiting to see how quickly they solve the problem.
    >
    >More than twenty-four hours, apparently.
    >
    >You might try either changing the pages to NCRs or, uh, changing
    >servers...

    Is there no way to force the browsers to use the encoding as specified
    in the documents instead of that specified by the server? I'm having
    this problem myself with a different server, and would like to find a
    solution to it. It is very irritating that the HTTP header overrules
    the <meta> tag, since it seems that the error is more often in the HTTP
    header than in the <meta> tag.

    Stefan