Greek: Heta

From: Nick Nicholas (opoudjis@optushome.com.au)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 20:45:46 CST

Unicoders, in my extensive site on Greek Unicode issues, I discuss the
representation of the old letter for /h/ in Greek inscriptions, at
http://www.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis/unicode/unicode_aitch.html . As I say
there, this is usually represented with a Latin h, as opposed to the
breathing mark, but there is a minor tradition of representing it with
a tack symbol, which is cased. The casing alone to my mind means that
there are grounds for a heta lowercase and uppercase to be proposed,
with its reference glyph as the tack but with a glyph variant as the
Latin h; but I don't know how extensively the tack heta is in use.
Could people have a look at the page and comment?

===
  O Roeschen Roth! Der Mensch liegt in tiefster Noth! Der Mensch liegt in
  tiefster Pein! Je lieber moecht' ich im Himmel sein! --- _Urlicht_
         nickn@unimelb.edu.au http://www.opoudjis.net
Dr Nick NICHOLAS, French & Italian, Univ. of Melbourne, Australia