Re: Hebrew composition model, with cantillation marks

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 13:07:54 EST

    On 02/11/2003 08:37, Jony Rosenne wrote:

    >>As they will share the same combining class 220, the
    >>canonical ordering will preserve their relative order
    >>

    >Although normalization preserves the order of combining marks of the same
    >class, I think no meaning should be attached to it, for two reasons:
    >
    >The collation algorithm ignores such differences in order

    This isn't true of the general case. There are some cases e.g. stacking
    diacritics in Vietnamese and IPA, where this ordering is significant and
    is preserved by the collation algorithm. If you are referring to a
    specific case, presumably in Hebrew, please remind us which one.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)