Re: [hebrew] Re: Hebrew composition model, with cantillation marks

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 07:55:56 EST

    On 06/11/2003 02:42, Michael Everson wrote:

    > There is. Hebrew@unicode.org.
    >
    > I just unsubscribed from it because I just can't track the volume of
    > what's being discussed there.

    Understandable, but sad. When new people join a discussion like that
    they often have a lot of questions which need answering as well as new
    ideas which need consideration, and these contribute to a temporary high
    volume of traffic. In retrospect it might have been better to take some
    of this off list. But if this means that the older participants who
    already understand the issues are scared away, the cause of
    standardisation is not advanced. Meanwhile I would judge that the
    current spate of high traffic has almost run its course, and things will
    quieten down over the next couple of days.

    We need to work towards some real proposals for improving Hebrew
    support, not just chat. But who is going to know about these proposals
    and assess them if they are not on the Hebrew list, and if discussion of
    Hebrew is not allowed on the main list?

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)