Re: [hebrew] Re: Hebrew composition model, with cantillation marks

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 09:21:36 EST

    On 06/11/2003 05:14, Michael Everson wrote:

    > At 04:55 -0800 2003-11-06, Peter Kirk wrote:
    >
    >> We need to work towards some real proposals for improving Hebrew
    >> support, not just chat. But who is going to know about these
    >> proposals and assess them if they are not on the Hebrew list, and if
    >> discussion of Hebrew is not allowed on the main list?
    >

    > Please keep the detailed proposals on the Hebrew-specific list. It's
    > probably best not to cc: the main list. If you're thinking of cc:ing,
    > it probably belongs to the detailed list.

    But we Hebrew "experts" want our proposals to be reviewed in advance by
    UTC members and others who understand the broad scope of Unicode. This
    avoids wasting the UTC's time as well as ours by presenting proposals
    which are clearly unacceptable. But how are UTC members to see or even
    know about such proposals if they don't monitor the Hebrew list and if
    the proposals cannot be mentioned, as I proposed, on the general list?

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)